The night before your first day is the crucial time to prepare items of necessity.
- Prepare yourself for the unexpected like your alarm not going off, accidentally sleeping in, or your vehicle not starting.
- Know in advance where you are going and how you will get there.
- Pick out the clothes that you will wear, Have them cleaned, ironed, and ready to throw on, and have them laid out.
When reporting for duty, you should try to arrive early, as this usually will make the whole day better. Be cheerful and friendly with people that you meet. Be yourself and be comfortable with who you are, as this is the best route to go to make friends at work.
- You will not be able to report without proof of citizenship; therefore, you must bring a governmnet-issued picture ID, proof of employment eligibility, and proof of military service (consult the list to your right).
- Call your contact person (usually your onboarding Sponsor) upon arrival at your facility, as you may need to be escorted through security. Your Sponsor will welcome you and lead you to the training room where your orientation will take place.
● Please be sure to click on "Phase 2: Your First Day" from the menu to your right to learn about the items in the checklist below.
● Click on "Onboarding Checklist: Phase 2" below for an Adobe Acrobat version of the checklist that you can download and save on your computer for your personal use.
Onboarding Checklist - Phase 2