All employees are expected to:
- Comply with standards of conduct
- Conduct themselves, both on and off duty, in a manner that does not reflect adversely on the Department of Navy or the Marine Corps
- Follow on the job work rules, including reporting for work on time and in a condition that will permit safe and reliable performance of assigned duties
- Perform their job duties at an acceptable level and in a safe and reliable manner.
Employees who fail to comply may be subject to discipline. Discipline is not punitive – it is intended to serve as a deterrent to unacceptable conduct or behavior.
SUPERVISOR AND MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
All managers and supervisors are expected to:
- Communicate requirements and expectations regarding standards of conduct and performance to employees
- Setting a good example by their own personal conduct
- Monitoring employee conduct and taking or initiating appropriate corrective action
- Referring employees to the Civilian Employee Assistance Program as required