The Marine Corps Law Enforcement Program is comprised of high-quality individuals who are well trained, disciplined, and responsive to the Marine Corps Community. Marine Corps Police Officers fill multiple positions within our professional law enforcement departments, and are worthy of sharing the reputation of the Marines they protect.
USA STAFFING / USA JOBS
- USA Staffing is used to recruit, evaluate, asses, certify, select, and onboard more efficiently so that hiring managers are able to find mission-critical talent.
- Onboard new hires selected with or without USA Staffing.
- Manage and complete post-selection activities.
- Customize onboarding tasks and workflows.
- User-friendly data collection using simple and dynamic questionnaires.
USA JOBS FLYER
- A flyer IS NOT an announcement
- A flyer is an advertisement on USAJOBS website with the intent to fill positions using a non-competitive appointing (hiring) authority - certain DHA appointing authorities
- appropriate for direct hire, persons with disability, attorneys, chaplains, etc.
- NOT appropriate for appointing authorities that require competition
- there’s a flyer template that should be used when posting a flyer
- Flyers DO NOT accept resumes on the USAJOBS website, resumes are sent directly to the Command to one of three areas
- HRO POC
- Hiring Manager
- External contact (a centralized email and phone number)
DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA)
- DHA is an appointing (hiring) authority that the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) can give to Federal agencies for filling vacancies when a critical hiring need or severe shortage of candidates exists.
- DHA enables an agency to hire, after public notice is given, any qualified applicant with regard to 5 U.S.C. 3309-3318, 5 CFR part 211, or 5 CFR part 337, subpart A.
- DHA expedites hiring by eliminating competitive rating and ranking, veterans’ preference, and “rule of three” procedures.