The Plans & Innovation Branch (JPI) works in conjunction with the legal community and other Service and Departmental actors to set standards for legal support providers, manage and develop training and equipment to help the community meet those standards, and to create metrics by which those standards can be inspected. JPI accomplishes this mission through the performance of the following functions:
(1) performing the long-term strategic planning for the Marine Corps legal community;
(2) using lessons learned to propose and draft organizational and doctrinal changes;
(3) providing overall coordination of the IT assets and support provided to the legal community;
(4) managing both internal and external strategic communications;
(5) coordinating all manpower requirements of legal support providers, both active and reserve.