Marine Corps Order (MCO) 3800.2C, "Oversight of Intelligence Activities" is currently in draft. MCO 3800.2B was published 30 Apr 2004, and saw significant revisions to include:
- Clarifications on what units and personnel fall under the provisions of this MCO for training, reporting and other oversight requirements.
- Clarifications on staff responsibilities of the Command Inspector General, the senior intelligence offier, and the staff judge advocate.
- Clarifications on baseline training requirements.
- Inspection requirements changed from 18 to 24 months.
- Guidance/clarification on intelligence activities related to anti-terrorism force protection, domestic urban training, use of the internet, and domestic imagery.
The Department of Defense Senior Intelligence Oversight Official for Intelligence Oversight hosts a web page providing further information. Additional resources are also linked below, to include definitions of common terms.