Types of Services:
Nursing home care
Assisted Living facility care
Home care (both formal and informal)
Adult day care
Hospice Care (either at home or at hospice care facility)
Bed reservations (holds up to 60 days)
Care coordination and caregiver training
Cost of Services:
Premiums are based on your age and the options that you select.
Most employees, family members of employees, and annuitants are eligible.
It is not necessary to be enrolled in FEHB to be covered under Long Term Care Insurance; however, you must occupy a position that is eligible for enrollment in FEHB.
Abbreviated v. Full Underwriting Procedures:
Individuals must be in a pay status to apply. Long Term Care coverage may be denied.
- Few health related questions which are designed to determine who may be immediately eligible for benefits or eligible within a short period of time
- Numerous health related questions and may also include a review of medical records and/or an interview with a nurse
New, Newly Eligible, or returning Federal Civilian employees (and spouses) use abbreviated application when one of the following events occur:
- 60 days upon entering position that conveys eligibility
- 60 days upon entering a position that conveys eligibility from a previous position that did not
- 60 days after a break in service of 180 days or more
- New Spouses have 60 days from the date of marriage to enroll using the abbreviated underwriting
- Other qualified relatives can apply at anytime using the full underwriting application
Changes in Coverage
Individuals enrolled in LTC may increase coverage at any time using the full underwriting application.
Individuals may decrease or cancel coverage at anytime.
- There is no refund of premiums other than payments received in advance following the effective date of the cancellation
Individuals must notify LTC Partners at www.ltcfeds.com prior to transferring federal agencies or retiring.
Coverage is fully portable even if enrollee separates from Federal Service.