The purpose of the HMX-1 Applicant Screening/Interview Form is to determine if the applicant is eligible to receive a Top Secret security clearance, and also meets the criteria set forth by the Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV) for assignment to Presidential Support Duty (Yankee White Designator). The screening form allows the Commanding Officer to determine, in advance, whether or not an applicant meets the security qualifications for highly restrictive programs. Personnel assigned to HMX-1 who do not meet the security criteria are transferred, which is why filling out the screening form and forwarding it to HMX-1 Security Administration is so vital.
If found ineligible for security reasons, the applicant will not be assigned to HMX-1, per current Navy, Defense Department, and White House Military Office Directives. Any questions regarding the screening process should be directed to HMX-1 Security Administration (contact info provided below in the “Notes” section).
For more information regarding the opportunities at HMX-1, open the “Recruiting Brief” (located under the Documents tab on the right side of the page).
Note for CSO Applicants: Refer to the guidelines for applicants included on the “Communications (S-6) (/hmx-1/Units/Communications(S6).aspx)” page found under Units.
- Forms may be locally reproduced as required.
- Each Marine who is in receipt of orders to HMX-1 or desires orders to HMX-1 must complete an Applicant Screening/Interview Form.
- Each form must be signed by the applicant. Applicant contact information must be provided as required in the form. Personal email addresses may be used if government email is not available.
- All screening forms must be sent to HMX-1 prior to the applicant detaching from their current command.
Applicant Screening/Interview Form Submission
Forms may be sent to the corresponding representatives:
Enlisted and Officers have separate representatives for HMX-1. Please see the contact information for them in the separate tabs on the right (i.e. Officer Recruiting or Enlisted Recruiting). Once sent to those representatives, they will pass it on to the Security Administration team for processing.
Forms may be mailed to:
Attn Security Administration
2134 Rowell Road
Quantico, VA 22134-5064
- Career planners may obtain screening results (Recommended/Non-Recommended) directly from HMX-1 Security Administration via telephone: (571) 494-4966
- When applicants complete the form, ensure all relevant information is provided. If the applicant marks “YES” to any question, provide details in the COMMENTS section of each page for each applicable response. Whenever an applicant is writing their details, include the sub letter of the question before the answer, nature of the incident, date (approx. month/year), and disposition/circumstances.
EXAMPLE: Applicant responds YES to experiencing blackouts from drinking.
“Only occurs when celebrating the Marine Corps’ Birthday
at the Ball in a controlled environment.”
EXAMPLE: Applicant responds YES to marijuana usage.
“Experimented 3 times with marijuana before enlisting in the USMC.
Received waiver from recruiter in 2003 during enlistment process.”
EXAMPLE: Applicant responds YES to criminal history questions
“Issued ticket in San Diego, CA in Mar 2004 for speeding
(55MPH in a 35MPH zone). Paid fine of $50.00.”
“Arrested for DUI in Oceanside, CA in Oct 2002. Appeared
in court, charges reduced to reckless driving. Paid $150.00
fine and places on probation for 3 months.”
“Received NJP for UA in 2000 while in Okinawa. Fine of $50.00
and reduction to PFC with restriction of movement.”
- Complete the last page of the form. It is important to ensure SSN and UNIT Mailing Address are filled in, along with current UNIT telephone number (may be Career Planner’s number). This information will allows HMX-1 to contact the Career Planner or applicant in the event further information is required.