Intelligence Sensing & Data Management Plan and Policy (IPI-ISR) Branch provides oversight and proponency for ISR-related requirements, and capabilities planning, development, and integration; develops ISR and associated data management future operating concepts; publishes plans, policies, concepts, and strategies, and serves as the focal point for I-Dept ISR issues in order to meet the Priority Actions of the published MCISRE Plan.
- Provides a tailored focus at the branch level on "ISR" specific issues (e.g., sensors, data, architecture).
- Allows "IPE" to focus on the broader aspects of the design, development, and implementation of the MCISRE.
- On behalf of the DIRINT and in concert/coordination with the CTO, represent MCISRE on policies affecting the use of sensors and data.
- Assist in the development and validation of Service-level requirements of specific ISR capabilities.
- Ensure the integration of ISR capabilities with GCE, MLG, ACE, and CE.
- Coordinate USMC sensing and data architectures with DC, CD&I, DC, AVN, DC, PP&O; and MCSC.
- Coordinate USMC intelligence sensor and data related issues within the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS).
- Serve as the department's focal point for reconnaissance and surveillance matters.
- Manages USMC participation in Joint Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (JPED) activities.