The Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Plans and Policy Branch (IPG) conducts planning, develops policy, and oversees the execution of GEOINT functions in order to ensure the integration, advancement, and maturity of GEOINT capabilities across the MCISRE and to enable global Marine Air-Ground Task Force operations across the range of military operations.
- Represent DIRINT and policies affecting the use of imagery and geospatial information
- Coordinate USMC imagery and geospatial dissemination architectures with MCCDC and MCSC
- Coordinate USMC imagery and geospatial positions in Service actions with MCCDC, MCSC and other HQMC staff elements
- Coordinate USMC imagery and geospatial intelligence related issues within the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS)
- Develop and validate Service-level National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG) requirements to NGA
- Establish policy guidance for the dissemination of national-level imagery to Marine Forces operation in an expeditionary environment (afloat and ashore)
- Conduct liaison with the NGA, CIA, OGC, and other agencies on intelligence oversight and domestic coverage
- Respond to the FOIAO for requests related to imagery and geospatial materials, products, and derived textual information.