The Navy and Marine Corps Appellate Leave Activity serves to:
- Monitor the case status of members on mandatory/involuntary appellate leave and members assigned to the Federal Bureau of Prisons who are awaiting results of appellate review.
- Monitor the cases status of members assigned to Parole or Supervised Release by the Navy Clemency and Parole Board (NC&PB).
- Validate appellate leave status for renewal of military identification cards.
- Provide information as necessary about members on mandatory/involuntary appellate leave to:
a. The Navy-Marine Corps Appellate Review Activity
b. The Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals
c. The Naval Clemency and Parole Board
d. Members on appellate leave
e. Other interested parties
- Effect punitive discharges when approved and as directed by the Judge Advocate General.
- Effect clemency action as decided by the Naval Clemency and Parole Board.